Thursday, May 15, 2008

Audit-Kiss Me Arse

As a financial institution of sorts, my company is subject to internal annual audits and Department of Corporation surprise audits every 18 months are so. We just recently recovered from our internal audit and are currently being subjected to the DOC audit. These procedures usually drag on for a month or so. They consist of the auditor taking over the entire conference room and continually asking for this and that or wanting an explanation of this or that. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times we have had to have a single file pulled from storage because the auditor cannot get it together and have a list of files that they need. It is such a piecemeal operation. I understand that this is just part of the job, yet that doesn’t prevent the intense desire I have to throttle the auditor.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Learning as I grow and growing as I learn.