Thursday, July 3, 2008

Greener Grass

I have had the opportunity to see how the other half lives recently.

I have been house-sitting for my boss, who also happens to own the company. He has quite the nice existence. He isn’t obscenely wealthy…but he is way more than comfortable. He owns 3 homes..one in which he lives, a vacation home at the beach and a rental.

I would say that the house he lives in is probably 3-4 times the size of my home. That doesn’t even include the rec room or the garage. The house is surrounded by trees and is situated on 3 levels. It comes complete with 4 bedrooms and 4 full baths (the master bath has a Jacuzzi tub w/ bay window, separate shower, his and her sinks blah blah blah) formal living room, eat in kitchen, formal dining, foyer, family room, office and laundry room. The master suite is probably around 500 square feet or a bit bigger and it includes the office and the master bath and sitting area and walk-in closet. There are numerous sliders and doors that exit out to the deck that surrounds the entire property. The formal living room has a fireplace and is large enough to hold two grand pianos (yes two..a black one and a white one) sofa, love seat, a couple of chairs and a coffee table with plenty of room to move around. There is a large kitchen with island that leads to the formal dining room and the family room (which has an additional fireplace) On the second level is the rec room that holds the pool table, exercise equipment and a couple of couches, small fridge etc…it is about 400 square feet. The next level has the pool and Jacuzzi and ping pong table. There are 4 different sets of stairs leading to the different levels and an outside shower for the pool.

My family has been there for 4 days and will remain there for another week. We have been treating it like a staycation (stay at home/vacation) when I am off work. Soaking in the Jacuzzi, playing pool, ping pong or hide and seek in the dark. It’s not Paris…but it beats the hell out of the ghetto where I live.
Life is just easier with money. Hell, life is just easier in a house rather than an apartment. Just not having to go outside to a nasty common laundry room to do the laundry is a lovely concept.


I could get used to that life real quick.


But, I won’t.

About Me

My photo
Learning as I grow and growing as I learn.