Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That's Not Fair!!

As a parent I have always tried to raise my children to behave fairly. I wonder though, if I haven’t done them an injustice. Considering how fundamentally unfair the real world is, is being a fair person the best thing? I know it’s the right thing to do, to raise your children to be good, just, kind and considerate people, but at what cost? Will the world tear their spirit apart? Destroy their soul? Take all that is good in them and turn them inside out? I look around and notice that the people that seem the least deserving of life’s bounty, riches and beauty possess all those things. Then there are those that are just good deep down inside and yet somehow suffer and go without. From my own observations and personal experience…it never seems to even out. Maybe it all comes full circle on the other side. Or maybe just maybe life really is a bitch.

3 comments:

dkearns72 said...

Some things, IMHO, can be right in and of themselves and not for what results from them. Fairness is just such an intrinsic good in my mind.

Anonymous said...

Children are really hard to raise! Read my post at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com. Vote in my poll on what memories of your childhood you treasure most.

Jesse said...

There are those who say the most important thing you can teach children is the value of time.

I have long held that compassion, empathy, and forgiveness lead to other traits such as fairness, honesty, and responsibility.

I would have to agree with Dan, what's right is right. A world gone crazy is no reason to give up on good.

About Me

My photo
Learning as I grow and growing as I learn.