Saturday, February 16, 2008

People

As I was driving my daughter to class the other day, I had a lovely encounter with a teenage girl of about 16 or 17. We were driving down the street at full speed when she strolls across the street in front of my car without hesitation. Taking her sweet ass time as if she had a light to cross with rather than jaywalking like she was. This irritated me and I honked at her. She didn't even flinch. In fact, she gave me this very amused smirk and a look as if to say "what are you going to do about it?" After the images of her bouncing off the hood of my car subsided, I was reminded of how much of a misanthrope I have become.

I find that so many of the people that I come in contact with have this feeling of entitlement. For the most part they appear to be spoiled, self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes. I don't know if it's this valley? Is it nationwide? I am saddened to think that people are only about what they can get for themselves. That people think that they have something coming to them just for the mere fact that they exist. It is absurd.

There is something so wrong with the world today. When random acts of kindness or a simple smile or common courtesy catch me off guard, it's obvious society has taken a wrong turn somewhere.

1 comment:

RC said...

Its in most large cities these days which is why im moving to a place with alot less people

About Me

My photo
Learning as I grow and growing as I learn.