Friday, June 13, 2008

Couple of Reasons

Last night I was vegetating relaxing in the living room while my youngest was tuned into Deal or No Deal. In my opinion, the show is moronic, but it was on so I was passively watching (as if there is any other way to watch the boob tube really…I digress). There was a perky 19 year old girl ‘playing’ while wearing what I believe was a pink tennis outfit as she referred to tennis a couple of times, but to me it looked like a cheerleading outfit (reason # 1 to find her annoying). At one point in the show she was offered $239,000.00 dollars to walk away from the impossible possible payout of $1,000,000.00. Much to my horror she turned it down (reason #2). Although, I have to say it was enjoyable watching the amount of money she was offered continue to go down as the show progressed all the while calling her a stupid ass in my head. In the end she walked away with $83,000.00. That is still quite a tidy chunk of change. But I can’t help but wonder what goes through a persons head when they say “No, thank you, but a quarter of a million dollars is not enough for me….I came here to this show with jack shit, but I will pass on the ¼ mill”. Greed is not attractive.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Learning as I grow and growing as I learn.